Most probably don't remember it, but more than a year ago, my MMA blog was an MMA and wrestling blog.
When I relaunched the blog after a lengthy hiatus, I cut wrestling out of the equation entirely, choosing to focus on legitimate types of fighting and going back to watching wrestling from the comfort of my own home and sharing my thoughts with family and friends only.
However, as time has gone on, I've missed being able to share my thoughts on wrestling from time to time, and I do want to give, albeit brief thoughts on the matches and segments as they go along. I had tried to do a brand competition where I ranked shows based on my enjoyment, but that died out after about a month.
But in order to come back, I was not sure where to put my thoughts. The MMA blog was a nice fit, but I worried about how the audience would see it now. My general blog was a nice choice since that's its point, but would making that blog SO diverse make the MMA blog feel like a useless appendage?
That's when it hit me: The Sports Blog.
Yes, this is the same blog where I used to share my thoughts on general sports topics. It's also the blog that hasn't posted anything in six months because I merged sports with the General Blog.
Now, this blog has a purpose. It will be a source of my thoughts on professional wrestling. I've left eight stories from the old Sports Blog era because of their readership and significance as the first installments of my "Why I..." columns.
Hope everyone enjoys and tunes into this new, third branch of The Sean Network Blogs.
Follow me at http://twitter.com/seantherebel and Like my blog at www.facebook.com/SeanNetworkBlogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment