Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wrestlemania projected matches (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

First time on this blog this year, and I'm just going to point out that 411mania.com has gotten the rumored four main events for this year's Wrestlemania.

To save you the time of linking, here they are:

WWE Title (Raw World) - Rock-Cena II
World Heavyweight Title (SD World) - Sheamus-Randy Orton
The Streak: Undertaker v. CM Punk
Triple H v. Brock Lesnar

I am not excited by this prospect.

If you insist on having Rock face Cena, you should have done it this month. Set up a first encounter for WM, but then that would involve John Cena not being in the main event of WM. (Can't have that, can we?)

Moreover, it's clear that Rock won't make Cena job twice, especially with the title on the line and Rock having no intention of continuing to compete after the card. So what's my incentive? I know a result if this winds up being the action.

SmackDown I know wants to make this the main feud and I have no real issues with it. I'm more interested in which one takes the title, how Orton turns heel, and whether Ziggler gets involved in the picture or not.

Again, I don't like that I know the result of the match already and I doubt Punk is the one to end the Streak. If he did, I'd admire the heck out of WWE for having the guts to do so, but I don't feel a real threat here.

Lastly, Brock and H is fine. I'm just no more interested now than I was at SummerSlam, but at least it doesn't end the card this time.

Obviously, these can change, but I really hope there's a better plan in store and this is just a mislead. We'll see though.

Follow me at twitter.com/seantherebel and like my page at www.facebook.com/SeanNetworkBlogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment